Aw thanks man,
Ive been meaning to post some WIP pictures. So unlike most of my pieces which are made from a preexisting bust or statue and then modified. With this one I had always had the Robocop head which was a vinyl garage kit you could modify into a wearable helmet, Unfortunately my head is too big so I opted to make it into a bust using pretty much whatever I could find around the house.
The body and base started out as an oatmeal box with a broken baseball bat holding it up.
From there i started sculpting muscle groups out of foil and covering them with plaster of paris strips.
After that I just started covering him in “LA Doll” paper clay
The Base itself is made from a fiberglass planter pot that i cut in half and turned over.
After a bizillion hours spent sanding and then filling the thing up with plaster of paris and a touch of cement for the base he was ready to paint.
i think all and all this was one of the largest and (and most time consuming projects i have ever attempted)